Hannaford Street Silver Band is seeking a Digital Marketing and Strategies Coordinator with outstanding multitasking abilities, a familiarity with social media platforms, and a passion for marketing.
Tenure: 30 hours a week for 9 weeks.
Start Date: June 14, 2021
Application Deadline: June 4th, 2021
Interviews will be held: the week of June 7th, 2021 or sooner
The ideal candidate will have great communication skills, a good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques, a curiosity of the world, passion and drive, an open mind, the ability to take criticism, problem solving skills, humility, reliability, and the ability to evolve.
The successful applicant will work at the organization’s head office: 59 Adelaide Street East, Suite 500 Toronto ON, or virtually as required by public safety measures due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Assisting with market analysis and research on the latest trends.
• Assisting with day-to-day administrative duties.
• Presenting new social media campaign ideas.
• Monitoring social media platforms for trending news, ideas and feedback.
• Preparing, formatting, and editing a range of presentations, reports and documents.
• Contributing to the creation of email campaigns and social media content.
• Analyzing questionnaires and other forms of feedback.
• Collaborating with Administrative and Artistic team on marketing strategy.
• Analyzing current organizational data for development of fundraising campaigns
• Undergraduate or graduate student based in the GTA, focused on Media with a passion for all forms of music and knowledge of classical forms.
• Self-motivated project planner
• Demonstrated organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Takes initiative, works well independently, and meets deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communicator in English
• High level of music literacy a helpful requirement
Note: Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Interested candidates are invited to prepare a résumé and a cover letter combined in a single PDF and submit by email to the attention of Ray Tizzard, Executive Director.
Please make “Digital Marketing Coordinator” the subject line of the email.
Deadline to apply is June 7th, 2021
The organization will consider extending this position to a more permanent position.
We encourage applications from Indigenous, visible minority/radicalized, new immigrant or refugee, 2SLGBTQIAP, and disability communities.
The Hannaford Street Silver Band is an equal opportunity employer and thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls, please.
Funding for this position has been provided by the Canada Summer Jobs program.